- Niobium carbide-based hard materials have a huge potential for industrial application. They can be used for cutting and drilling tools or for general wear parts. Principally, all applications where tungsten carbide is today's material of choice, niobium carbide could become the future alternative. Learn more about NbC.
- Modeling of Precipitation Hardening during Coiling of Nb–Mo Steels; by J.-Y. Maetz , M. Militzer, Yu Wen Chen, J.-R. Yang, Nam Hoon Goo, Soo Jin Kim, Bian Jian and H. Mohrbacher; in: Metals 2018, 8, 758; doi:10.3390/met8100758.
- The Proceedings of the International Symposium on Wear Resistant Alloys for the Mining and Processing Industry are now available. Check out the content here.
- Solidification Microsegregation and Hot Ductility of Fe-Mn-C-Al-xNb TWIP Steels; by: Min Hyeok Kwon, Jin-Kyung Kim, Jian Bian, Hardy Mohrbacher, Taejin Song, Sung Kyu Kim, Bruno C. De Cooman; in: Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, August 2018, DOI: 10.1007/s11661-018-4893-8.
- Effect of Ti(C0.7N0.3) Content on the Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Ni Bonded NbC-Ti(C0.7N0.3) Based Cermets; by: S.G. Huang, J. Vleugels, H. Mohrbacher, M. Woydt; in: Solid State Phenomena, Vol. 274, pp 43-52.
- Property Optimization in As-Quenched Martensitic Steel by Molybdenum and Niobium Alloying; by: H. Mohrbacher; in: Metals 2018, 8, 234; doi:10.3390/met8040234.
- Effect of Carbon Content on the Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of NbC-Ni Based Cermets; by: S.Huang, P. De Baets, J. Sukumaran, H. Mohrbacher, M. Woydt and J. Vleugels; in: Metals 2018, 8, 178; doi:10.3390/met8030178.
- Optimizing Gear Performance by Alloy Modification of Carburizing Steels; by: Th. Tobie, F. Hippenstiel, H. Mohrbacher; in: Metals 2017, 7, p. 415-434.
- Partially-recrystallized, Nb-alloyed TWIP steels with a superior strength-ductility balance; by: Hojun Gwon, Jin-Kyung Kim, Bian Jian, Hardy Mohrbacher, Taejin Song, Sung-Kyu Kim, Bruno C. De Cooman; in: Materials Science & Engineering A 711 (2018), p. 130–139.
- NbC grain growth control and mechanical properties of Ni bonded NbC cermets prepared by vacuum liquid phase sintering; by: S.G. Huang, J. Vleugels, H. Mohrbacher, M. Woydt; in: International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials Volume 72, April 2018, p. 63-70.
Metallurgical complexity simply explained: